Monday, July 14, 2014

Pin It Manang Kusinera's fridge vans Supersoft Ensaymada NOTE as of 03/18/2012: I finally uploaded a


A Filipina's unabashed chronicle of her adaptations in the American kitchen. Includes step-by-step photos on how to make pan de sal, ensaymada, pan de coco, siopao, hopia, pandelimon, pianono, atsara, crema de fruta,etc., and if you are lucky, you will find videos too!
Pin It Manang Kusinera's fridge vans Supersoft Ensaymada NOTE as of 03/18/2012: I finally uploaded a video (no audio) of how I make my supersoft ensaymada because this has become a favorite of many of my readers, as well as mine. Easy to make, super moist and supersoft. Satisfaction guaranteed. fridge vans :)And if you have doubts, google the image for "supersoft ensaymada" and you will see the images submitted to me by my readers that I have posted under the "Reader's Photo Gallery" label. So to see the video, continue reading/scrolling down the page. Recipe is still on this blog, just read the recipe and watch the video to make it easy to understand how to make this. This is dedicated to all homemakers like me , who have a life outside of the kitchen...I have tried to make my recipes easy to make and follow, with ingredients easy to find and not gourmet types which you will find in God-only-knows-what-specialty-store (and therefore they are very affordable) and which would not demand your whole day to make (unless you make several batches), yet will give you fulfillment and definitely will wow your friends, brown- or white-skinned. As one of my white co-workers told me after I made her taste a pinch of this roll minus the sugar and butter, "Hmmm, how come your rolls are always moist and pillow soft???". But of course, if you have easy access fridge vans to specialty items (like special cheeses) and you have the financial means, go ahead and do your own experiment in trying different ingredients, especially the cheese. Just kindly do me favor, my dearest readers/followers, if you know of people fridge vans with whom you might like to share the recipes I have here, please point them to my website instead of giving them a copy of the recipe. I appreciate increased traffic to my website. 11-22-08 An absolute welcome give-away in any Filipino Christmas Party supersoft ensaymada that melts in your mouth(soft even without heating up in the microwave, even after two days. Yeah, we finished them after two days because I made a big batch trying to experiment with other ways to use the dough.) The secrets: (1) Potatoes (2) Lots of butter (3) No kneading!!! fridge vans (You read that right!) I have been telling some of those who have been emailing me that I have been experimenting with this ensaymada. I am posting this right before the Holidays, in time for preparing giveaways made with love. The recipe to be posted later...Gotta go grocery shopping first. (I can hear you say..."Bummer! Whatta teaser!") Ingredients : 5 cups bread flour (separate 1 + 1 + 3) 1/2 cup sugar 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast (1 envelope is 0.25 oz = 2-1/4 tsp) 1 tablespoon salt 1 cup milk 1/2 cup water 2/3 cup shortening (also known as lard, purico in Philippines, strutto in Italy) 1 cup mashed potato 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 2-oz grated sharp cheddar cheese, added to the 3-cup flour above(I used Helluva Good brand, because it comes closest to the kind of cheese paired with ensaymada that I grew up with. It's up to you to experiment with other cheeses.)- [UPDATE 12-23-08: I tried 2-oz crumbled feta cheese and it was wonderful! I loved the cheesy effect on the dough. Save your cheddar cheese fridge vans for topping instead.] melted butter (approximately 1 stick) softened butter (approximately 1 stick to 1-1/2)(for rolled method) (Note: Before you turn your nose up with the shortening here, wait for my next post comparing the two).
Supersoft Ensaymada
Yema Cake: Manang K's Version
adobo (3) all-natural (4) all-time fridge vans favorites (18) almonds (3) alternatives (2) American (15) American-friendly (2) ancient (1) Anniversary fridge vans (3) appetizers (2) apple (4) apples (3) arroz caldo (1) articles (15) Asian (2) asparagus (1) atsarang papaya (2) awards (1) Bacolod (1) bacon (2) baked beans (1) baking (76) bananas (4) bangus (1) banoffee pie (1) barbecue (3) bars (1) BBQ (2) beef (38) beef asado roll (1) beef lengua (1) beef pares (3) beef stew (4) beef tapa (1) bibingka (2) biofuel (1) birthdays (4) biscuits (2) blogger friends (3) BLT (1) blueberries (2) bopis (1) braising (1) brazo de mercedes (2) bread (8) bread machine (10) bread pudding (2) breadcrumbs (1) breads fridge vans (4) breakfast (10) brioche mold (1) broiled (2) brownies (3) buko (5) bunuelos (1) burger (1) butter fridge vans (2) buttercream (1) buttermilk (3) byenan-approved (9) cake (26) callos (1) caloric requirement (1) calzone (1) camote (5) canning (27) caramel (3) carving (1) cassava (4) casseroles (1) Cebu (1) celebration (2) challah (1) champorado (1) cheese (6) cheesemaking (1) chicharon (3) chicken (45) chicken broth (3) chicken curry (1) chicken empanada (2) chicken empanada de kaliskis (1) chicken fajita (1) chicken feet (1) chicken quesadilla (1) chicken sopas (1) chicken st

No comments:

Post a Comment