Tuesday, June 10, 2014

If the method is deprecated freezer for several reasons, I have successfully tested on two hard dri


It all started with an old PC running Windows XP that morning freezing on a blue screen at startup. It was the first time and I thought that the system had perhaps taken a hit with a corrupt file or a bad sector on the disk that could be reallocated.
Except that trying several times in a row the error code was never the same. That's when I questioned the HDD (3.5 "7200 trs), which was not so old as already replaced once. I unplug the hard drive to connect with an adapter USB to browse from another computer to check the health status (SMART).
Result of bad sectors that have not actually been reallocated (smart attribute greater than zero C6). The disc contained 3 partitions: system (C), data (D), backup (E). The only USB drive connected to the partitions D and E are visible, the partition C is absent and does not go under Linux. Copy which is vital
In this situation we must act quickly to recover readable data because absorption chillers the disk can leave the soul at any time. I try to make an image with Acronis, and DiskGenius PartitionImage (PartedMagic) readable partitions, but there are non-readable areas and the image fails. I copy the files manually from the most urgent (small files) at least urgent (large files).
As it was time I have performed the operation over several days. It was then that I realized that when I plugged the hard drive after several hours of downtime I sometimes manage to see the partition C. I then tried to copy important absorption chillers data that I could not read , the copy time previously infinity. And then a miracle: it works!
If the method is deprecated freezer for several reasons, I have successfully tested on two hard drives in my life. In addition to walk only very rarely this method is very risky! It should be used as a last resort before throwing the hard drive and if you do not want to pay a recovery cleanroom (1500th average). In my case I can read data so I do not want to risk destroying the disc in my freezer, as well as the method recommended in the freezer over time varies forums and other web gouroux.
It is clear that more hard disk heater, less data is read. Until it cools for at least 1h. Given the relatively low temperatures in November I put my hard drive out, opposite to the email against the cold concrete floor of my balcony, still connected via USB. The hard disk is heated as much but was not cold either, and then it was raining outside so hello moisture. absorption chillers How cool disk more efficiently? absorption chillers
Do not ask me why but it is a frozen burger that came into my head! I told myself that the calories stored via freezing could keep the hard drive cool time to copy the data. When a frozen steak is cooked it takes some time to become soft, then no heat this time will be interesting.
In order so I submitted: a plate, the steak in its packaging, antistatic packaging (sold with all hard drive) and then put the hard drive in reverse absorption chillers to put the aluminum layer in contact with the cold. On twitter you all took me to an enlightened when I posted the photo of my setup:
I was able to recover all the data from the two partitions D and E, and even some files on C. In short, 100% of the data I needed. I see you coming "you had to make backups". I had backups but not ultra newer and therefore I did not want to differentiate between absorption chillers what was read and my backups, the risk overwriting backup files by newer but corrupted files. For information absorption chillers I had hundreds of thousands of small files (websites, etc). Conclusion
I want to say that this method does nothing magical! she could not work. Everything depends on the state of the hard drive, the origins of failure can be many: HS sectors, landing heads, dust or water on trays, faulty electronic PCBs, etc..
The strangest in all this is that hard drives are not really designed to operate at low temperatures but at room temperature. It is known that the cold ensures that the metal shrinks and may limit certain absorption chillers vibrations which prevents reading of the data on the platters. absorption chillers There are only 10 nanometers between the plate and the reading head floating above through the air cushion formed by the rotation of the plates. That is why the theory of cold can work if the head avai

No comments:

Post a Comment