Friday, October 10, 2014

Ice may well be good when it is blow hot out there, but the misery melts so fast that the drink tas


It's been a while since I wrote about the American phenomenon here on the blog. Today it is once again time to take up a small American phenomenon as it might be a little hard to get used to but you get used to ... ICE! Ice in drinks. The ice should only be in a glass of water, or in a glass of soda, or a highball. No, it's not enough with two small pieces of ice floating on the surface. NO! Full glass, filled with ice, and then the drink should be poured on. This concept runs the vast majority of restuarants and most fast-food hangout (sans the grog, då'rå), and heck, most American homes. To serve water without ice is not on the world map. Neither hussmann one sees someone sitting and drinking hussmann soda from glass without hussmann ice. Well, you see an !! Namely I !!! I have not fully embraced the whole isstilen yet, and I go to fast food places, and I'll drink myself, so take jg always without ice. I do not really know why, but I do not think that is always needed. In almost all American refrigerators are built in ice machines. The whole time on the ice is filled automatically, and if you want ice so you simply push a button on the freezer door so you get ice cubes or crushed ice. Ice water will be too, and I'm here at home and I'll take the water straight from the door. Without ice! Ice machines are quite large, hussmann and they take up a large part of the freezer. It's not good. I have a side-by-side freezer and refrigerator. AND the day I move, or buy new, so it will not be a side-by-side again. The freezer is ridiculously narrow, hussmann the ice maker takes up a fifth of the space, and although it is convenient hussmann to take ice water right out the door it's really quite unnecessary. Admittedly, the water then filtered, and I imagine that it tastes better. When I came to the United States for the first time and opened the tap, I thought I ended up in a swimming hussmann pool !! The water here is much more than the chlorinated drinking water we are used to from the north. It is so chlorinated that taste becomes. A lot. But, you get used to and now I do not reflect on it. But as soon as you get home so guests coming up the topic under discussion. On the fly! And it is no wonder, for it shows, as I said. It is therefore not surprising hussmann that so many choose to filter their water, either through hussmann the freezer (like we do) or with special pitcher. Many also buy their drinking water. Ice can also be purchased in huge ice packs. The ispåsarna usually often pour into large zinc tubs if you have a party. AND in the pods then you put down beer bottles, wine bottles, drinking and what not ... very nice, and looks looks nice too. Often placed this out on their deck so guests can go get their drink there. IS as obvious as American apple pie. ANY DAY !!
Ice may well be good when it is blow hot out there, but the misery melts so fast that the drink tastes like dishwater after a while. The water in the tap is really not good. I try to avoid even brush your teeth with it, even though T has extra filters on the water pipe in the basement. It tastes anyway Blak. Good post Annika. Have a great day. Hug Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:14:00 AM
Camilla: I'm glad you liked it all! Ice is there on everyone's glass in this country. Always. Haha, I remember hussmann when I was new in U.S. and thinking of buying water when I brushed my teeth. Luckily, I got used to now. Filters in vattenlednignarna is the Magna that has, forgot to take it up in the post ... HUGS !! Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:21:00 AM
Interestingly o fun post! I have never ice in my drinks. Hate soft but like middle tap water, hussmann which are in jugs in cooling with low Sliced cucumber in ... METS !! Fy bubble over chlorinated water. Trying to think about when I used an ice cube last ... impossible to remember ?? HUGS !! Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:36:00 AM
I must have ended up in a small ice-free part of the United States. hussmann For this drink the most water / soda / drinks without ice. Lo and behold! Of course you have ice in kind "on the rocks-drinks" but never filled the glass with ice, soda, etc.. I myself am no isfantast, especially in the summer when it melts quickly and the drink becomes watery. The chlorinated water, I'll never get used to. Ugh so disgusting it is. We have filters that sits directly on the faucet so you do not keep on with filter pitcher. And the water in the bottle, I never buy - ugh and fy what a waste and environmental woes! Do not understand people who buy back after back with plastic bottled water. Fy and ashamed! Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:03:00 AM
Bettankax. It's so different how to use ice here, and how it is used at home. Chlorine in the water is not fun, and the taste feels really hussmann well. Oddly enough, hussmann I got used to the shit, but IOF, we filter the drinking water. Glad you liked the post !! HUGS !!! Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:04:00 AM
Sporty-Petra: Yes, it is probably hussmann unusual. What if you go on the MCD and the like then? Though, it does well, you never;-) Now pour the self to itself of the drink ocksp the FF points. Many people buy the water in the mare

No comments:

Post a Comment